Imagine you have been asked by your local church, synagogue, scouting group, sports team or some other community organization, to give a 15-20 minute talk about addiction. Imagine there has been some concern in the community about how to deal with the problem. You’ve been asked to talk about what happens to the brain when people become addicted.
Your presentation may be in any of the following forms:
- Powerpoint presentation with notes (10 slides minimum, APA format)
- 3-5 page paper (APA format)
- Other presentation formats (must be approved by the instructor by the middle of the week)
Your paper should:
- Be three to four pages long.
- Double spaced.
- One inch margins.
- 12 point font, Times New Roman.
- You should add citations in the body of the paper and include a reference page at the end of the paper.
- Your paper should reflect not only your opinion but also your familiarity with the material from the course.
- Your PowerPoint presentation must include citations and references in each slide (as appropriate) and a references slide at the end of the presentation.
- Your presentation should reflect not only your opinion but also your familiarity with the material from the course.
- Pay attention to your formatting and professionalism of the presentation.
- Alternative presentations must include citations and a reference page and should be professional in appearance.
Estimated time to complete: 4 hours