This assignment provides a learning activity for students to demonstrate understanding of quantitative and qualitative research, the purpose and importance of designs, and how research is critical for creating a credible evidence-based nursing practice.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO 1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
Submit the completed this assignment by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 5.
This assignment is worth 225 points.
Directions for Preparing the Scholarly Paper:
- Read each of these instructions.
- Read the assignment grading rubric criteria. Your paper will be graded using the assignment grading rubric criteria.
- Review the Recommended Guideline (Links to an external site.). The guideline is a recommended outline only and does not substitute for your assignment grading rubric.
- Review the following link which contains a tutorial for your Week 5 Assignment. Click here for the transcript. (Links to an external site.)https://lms.courselearn.net/lms/video/player.html?video=0_72mxt830
- This assignment is completed as an APA paper. APA resources can be found in your Resources Tab and the library. You are required to complete the paper using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.) . Click on the envelope at the top of the page
- Two or more supporting scholarly references are required. Textbooks and assigned readings are not allowed and should not be used as a scholarly source. Use the Chamberlain Library to locate relevant, scholarly sources.
- No more than two direct quotes are allowed. You should be using mostly your own words to demonstrate your understanding of the topics/criteria for this assignment. Citations and references must be included.
- This is a short, scholarly paper. The assignment should be 3-4 pages in length not including the title page and references page.
- Double check your work with the grading rubric to ensure you have met all grading criteria for this assignment.
- Submit the completed assignment on the Week 5: Assignment page.
Before preparing your assignment, please review this “Crediting Sources Made Simple (Links to an external site.)“ resource. This tool is intended to help you understand scholarly writing, APA, referencing, and crediting. Please reach out to your instructor with any questions as you prepare your assignment.