Social Media in Emergency Management science homework help
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING WORD LIMIT REQUIREMENTS:
Please note that each and every assignment has its own word limit.
This discussion should be between 150 and 200 words. (The List of References should not be included in the word count.)
Social Media in Emergency Management
Social media use in the field of emergency management continues to evolve. As it does, emergency capabilities might even be improved. On one side of a growing debate, the timely, accurate and mostly reliable information disseminated via social media might be vital for public safety. Multiple agencies and organizations have the opportunity to interact with each other and with victims in a more efficient way than ever before. On the other side, the potential spread of misinformation, possible administrative costs, and outright fraud have some parties abdicating for caution when using social media. This debate does suggest that as useful a tool as social media might be, there are some risks involved in its use.
For this Discussion, consider how you might use social media in emergency management. Think about potential challenges of using social media in emergency management. Finally, consider how these challenges might be addressed.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a brief explanation of how you might use social media in emergency management. Describe one challenge related to the use of social media in emergency management. Explain how you might address this challenge. Be specific.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Discussion should be 150 to 200 words with at least three references…. MULTIPLE USE OF INTEXT CITATION AND PAGE NUMBER…..PLEASE USE SPLIT IN CITATIONS…PLEASE LOOK UP THE PROPER APA USE OF SPLIT CIATION
It is important that you cover all the topics identified in the assignment. Covering the topic does not mean mentioning the topic BUT presenting an explanation from the context of ethics and the readings for this class
To get maximum points you need to follow the requirements listed for this assignments 1) look at the page limits 2) review and follow APA rules 3) create subheadings to identify the key sections you are presenting and 4) Free from typographical and sentence construction errors.
REMEMBER IN APA FORMAT JOURNAL TITLES AND VOLUME NUMBERS ARE ITALICIZED.
- Fugate, C. (2011, January 14). Social media + emergency management: Talking with tech leaders on the west coast [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.fema.gov/blog/2011-01-14/social-media-e…
- Henstra, D. (2010). Evaluating local government emergency management programs: What framework should public managers adopt? Public Administration Review, 70(2), 236–246.
- Lindsay, B. R. (2011, September 6) Social media and disasters: Current uses, future options, and policy considerations. Congressional Research Service: Report, R41987.
- Skarda, E. (2011, June 9). How social media is changing disaster response. Time. Retrieved from http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599…
- Yates, D., & Paquette, S. (2011). Emergency knowledge management and social media technologies: A case study of the 2010 Haitian earthquake. International Journal of Information Management, 31(1), 6–13.