M. tuberculosis can be transmitted in virtually any setting. Clinicians should be aware that transmission has been documented in healthcare settings where healthcare workers and patients come in contact with persons with infection.
• Describe the factors that determine the infectiousness of a tuberculosis (TB) patient;
• Explain the main goals of a TB infection control program;
• Discuss the three levels of an effective TB infection control program;
• Explain the purpose and the characteristics of a TB airborne infection isolation room; and
• Describe the circumstances when respirators and surgical masks should be used.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully(as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric(under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- Utilize spellingand grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writingAssignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English(correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered,logical,and unified,as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, andmechanics; and use APA 6th Editionformat as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.