The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
· For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
· Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
· Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
· iCARE components are:
E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
· How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
· Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper. Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional.
· Use APA format throughout, particularly in citations and on the References page.
· Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.
· The prepared paper template is RECOMMENDED for this assignment.
Elements of iCARE paper
· Title page
· Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
· Introduction: (No heading needed here in APA) Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
Describe a nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to: interprofessional team support; how this might impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible impact on patient outcomes.
· Evidence-Based Practice
· Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
· References page: List any references used in APA format.
· American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice. (3rd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.