“Marketing to Uncle Sam” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, explain the purpose of the GSA schedules. Analyze the importance of using GSA schedules in the process of pursuing government contracts for different businesses. Include an example to support your response.
- Imagine you are a small-business owner. Identify key methods you would use to market your product or service to the U.S. government. Determine the most effective approach for selling your product or service to the government and explain your rationale.
“Federal Support Programs” Please respond to the following:
- Assess the federal support programs to determine which would be the most beneficial and which would be the least beneficial for a small business found in your community. Provide a rationale for your choices.
- From the second e-Activity, evaluate the efficiency of federal support programs for small businesses. Suggest two additional elements (not covered in current programs) to support small businesses. Justify your suggestion.
“The Simplified Acquisitions Methods” Please respond to the following:
- Determine the benefit that the simplified acquisitions methods provide to the small-business owner. Analyze how the federal government has created this process and what form of support the federal government can provide.
- Take a position on whether technology (e.g., use of the Internet to send documents) has replaced the need for the simplified acquisition methods for small-business owners. Support your response.
“Responding to a Solicitation” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, determine the basic guidelines that a successful vendor should always follow in the solicitation process. Include an example to support your response.
- Determine what Procurement Contracting Officers for the government are looking for in their evaluations of small-business offers. Select the three most important factors that the officers would consider during the evaluation of a small-business offer. Provide a rationale for your selection.
“The Pre-Solicitation Notice” Please respond to the following:
- Analyze the importance of the pre-solicitation notice to the success or failure of the contracting process. Speculate on the consequence of a contracting process without the employment of the pre-solicitation notice.
- Recommend at least three approaches in which the pre-solicitation notice process could be improved to better assist first-time contract bidders. Support your recommendation.
“Reducing Typical Proposal Weaknesses” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, speculate on where most companies fall short in the proposal process. Suggest three methods for a business owner to take to reduce the typical proposal weaknesses. Support your suggestion.
- Describe the major differences between a solicited and unsolicited proposal. Analyze the role amendments play in the long-term relationship between the government and the contractor.
- Go to Acquisition Central Website, a branch of the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Website, located @ https://www.acquisition.gov, and then research how the contracting process moves from pre-solicitation to contract close out. Be prepared to discuss.
- Part of the price evaluation of the government is to have a number of bids to consider. Imagine that there is a product or service that simply does not have much competition and thus a large number of bidders are not available. Suggest the steps that you believe the government should take in order to ensure competition or to hold those few bidders accountable should there be problems.
- Search the Internet or Strayer Resource Center and provide an example of a “low competition” bid. Then, evaluate whether or not the protections the government tried to utilize are appropriate. Use details and specifics to support your response.
“After Proposal Submission”
- Image that you are a small-business owner and your bid has drawn interest from the government. How would you prepare for the process of demonstrating your goods or services?
- Explain at least three (3) steps that you would take to finalize acceptance and specify why the three (3) steps you chose are important. Be sure to use details and specifics to support your response.
- Search the Internet and provide an example of a company that seems to be continually awarded contracts. Provide a logical analysis on why the company you researched seems to consistently “win” government contracts. Be specific in the steps that the company has “perfected” to ensure its contracts are the winning bid.
- Based on your research, has the company ever failed to be awarded a contract? If so, did the company resubmit or cure the alleged defects in the bid? How?