Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 600–800 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
You are speaking on the phone with Mike when he asks about what sort of cultural aspects you are considering in this plan.
You think about this and say, “There may well be some considerable cultural differences that need addressing. I remember last year when there was a language mix-up with a doll. It was just saying ‘I love you’ in a different language, but it sounded like ‘kill mommy.’ It’s funny now, but imagine being the marketing team in that building!” Both of you laugh as you hang up the phone, but the memory does get you thinking seriously about cultural differences. Complete the following:
- What cultural considerations should you take into account for your strategy?
- Will this negatively impact your current strategy?
- Does this change your approach? Why or why not?
The materials found in the M.U.S.E. may help you with this assignment such as the audio file Quality not Quantity. This file provides real-world experience that may help you with this assignment.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.