This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to assess how leadership styles, traits, and practices and the role of servant leadership in public health.
Throughout Topics 1‐4 of the course, you will participate in a series of Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignments. These assignments will build upon one another and be used as the basis for the Reflective Journal assignments throughout the course.
Review the topic materials and complete the following activities:
- “How Emotionally Intelligent Are You?”
- “The Leadership Motivation Assessment”
- “What’s Your Leadership Style?”
Summarize and share with your group what you learned about your specific leadership style and traits so you can become familiar with how you are similar and different from your peers when it comes to being a leader.
As a group, review the topic materials related to servant leadership. Using what you have learned about the tenets of servant leadership and traits and practices of successful leaders, create a 7‐10 slide PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following and includes relevant speaker notes. Each group member should create a slide that summarizes his/her leadership style, traits, and practices.
- Compare the personal leadership styles of your group members, including commonalities between group members’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain why it is important for public health professionals to be aware of their personal leadership style, traits, and practices.
- Discuss how public health professionals can benefit from integrating the tenets of servant leadership to empower and influence others as they lead.
- Discuss how leaders who practice servant leadership and have a strong understanding of their personal leadership traits can successfully lead others and navigate the unique challenges that are part of public health. Provide two examples that illustrate your main ideas.
- Include a reference slide at the end of your presentation.
You are required to cite to three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.