Option 2: Case Management, Health Policy Strategies, Community Empowerment, and Education
You have just accepted your first job as a public health case manager. One of your responsibilities is to promote that health of your community by focusing on the health and safety of the local children. The area has low compliance with childhood immunizations. The affected children are usually not identified until they are ready to enter kindergarten. It is your goal to be proactive and decrease the number of children that are out of compliance and implement a system to help maintain up-to-date immunizations. In your post:
- Identify and discuss the specific responsibilities of the case manager as it relates to the health and safety of the local children.
- Present the current immunization legislature that supports your efforts. How does the Affordable Care Act effect immunizations?
- Discuss how you might empower the community to support and eventually lead the charge for community immunizations.
- Provide specific educational and programmatic strategies to offer the community.
- One page essay
- ALL in APA
- Must include at least one peer reviewed nursing journal article