biopsychosocial spiritual assessment part ii
Biopsychosocial-Spiritual Assessment – Part II
Please refer to the Biopsychosocial Spiritual Assessment – Part II rubric for detailed grading information located in the Getting Started Section of the course.
The purpose of this assignment is to help students to integrate their theory and practice knowledge to create theory-informed intervention plans.
Using the client information gathered in part I of this assignment, students will use an explanatory theory from their Human Behavior in the Social Environment class to explain the primary client issue. This explanation is NOT a resummarization of the case, but rather an explanation of WHY the client is experiencing the issues now based on the concepts of the theory. Students should also consider strengths as well as environmental challenges that may be contributing to the clients’ current issues. Based on this explanation, students will develop a potential intervention plan that is written using SMART format. In addition, the student will identify a method to evaluate the intervention plan and prepare a termination plan. While this assignment may be hypothetical in that it is possible that the student will not have the opportunity to implement the plan, students should write this assignment as if they were planning on carrying out the plan attempting to make it as realistic as possible.
This assignment should include at least two course readings, and be no more than 5 pages in length, not including the title or reference pages. In addition, the paper should follow APA formatting rules.
Components to be included in the Psychosocial Assessment (5 pages): Part II
- Application of explanatory theory/concepts to the client issue
- Using a theory from HBSE, explain the presenting client issue – do not resummarize the case
- In other words, why is the client as he or she is presenting now?
- Students should include at least 2 concepts from the theory to apply to the case.
- Intervention plan description:
- Using the problem-solving model, describe the primary needs of the client
- This section should demonstrate the link between the explanatory theory and the proposed intervention plan
- Intervention plan:
- ONE goal, TWO objectives (AEB) for the ONE goal, and 3-5 tasks
- Prepare a termination plan
- Propose one method to evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention plan and provide a rationale as to why this method would be appropriate
- While considering the evaluation method, prepare a termination plan that considers the client factors and circumstances, including but not limited to access to services and program limitations/requirements