assignment 3 health 1
3-5 pages APA format
Managed care has had a profound impact on the way that health care is delivered and paid for in the United States. A large portion of Healing Hands Hospital’s revenue comes from managed care reimbursement making managed care a very important part of the business process. Part of the Task Force’s work will include obtaining feedback from the community and a public relations committee has been formed to help educate the community when decisions are made about changes to Healing Hands Hospital. Mr. Johnson, Healing Hands Chief Financial Officer, has asked you to help provide some training to the members of the public relations committee to help them understand managed care and other possible models for reimbursement including value-based reimbursement and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), so this can be included in their campaign of community education. Your report to Mr. Johnson should include:
- Identify three types of managed care plans, such as Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) and how they impact the way that health care is delivered at Healing Hands Hospital.
- Managed care has changed dramatically in the United States over the years. What did managed care look like 10 years ago compared to how it looks today?
- Discuss the future of managed care as a viable reimbursement model for Healing Hands Hospital compared to Accountable Care Organization model and valued based reimbursement.
- Reimbursement by CMS for Medicare patients is also an important source of revenue for Healing Hands Hospital. Include a description of the different models for Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and what would be a good strategy for Healing Hands to ensure the highest level of Medicare reimbursement for the future.
- Through legislation such as the Affordable Care Act and MACRA, there are regulations and requirements that are designed to improve patient quality of care and ensure highest levels of reimbursement. Include how these laws impact Healing Hands Hospital and its financial plans.
Mr. Johnson, like all healthcare management professionals, believes that the data and information presented must be backed by good research and the reference sources must be listed appropriately in the written report.
Be sure to include at least three references for the information presented in your report using APA formatting.